PROJECT 02: PPEPP
PROJECT NAME: PATHWAYS TO PROSPERITY FOR EXTREMELY POOR PEOPLE (PPEPP)
Background of the Project:
This comprehensive and integrated project will work towards creating pathways out of extreme poverty for the extremely poor households by addressing multidimensional aspects of poverty. It aims to deliver the results and higher-level changes through following six interrelated and multidimensional components: Livelihoods (resilience building and value-chain development), Nutrition and Health, Community Mobilization, Market Development, Policy Advocacy, and Life-Cycle Grant Pilot. The Project has three cross-cutting areas–Disability, Disaster and Climate Resilience, and Women’s Empowerment Leading to Gender Equality. The project, jointly financed by DFID and European Union (EU), will be implemented from 2019 to 2025, with one-year inception phase. PKSF is the main executing agency for the project, and will implement Livelihoods (resilience building and value-chain development), Nutrition and Health, and Community mobilization components for the organized households and targeted communities.
Palli Karma-Sahayak Foundation (PKSF), DFID and European Union (EU);
District: Sathkira; Upazila: Asasuni and Kaligonj; Union: Shovnali, Budhata, Naltha, Bisnupur, Champaphul; District: Khulna; Upazila: Terokhada; Union: Ajogara and Terokhada
April 2019-March 2025
13754 Household (Shovnali-2018 HH; Nurnagor-1353 HH; Naltha, Bisnupur and Champaful- 5517 HH; Budhata-2210 HH; Ajogara and Terokhada-2656 HH)
Sustained market development in target districts creates market demand for goods and services produced by target households and job opportunities.
Indicative High-Level Output: Developed livelihoods options resilient to shocks and stresses. GoB begins to support effective graduation-style programme, alongside scale-up of a core set of Life-cycle Grant relevant to labour-poor households.
Indicative High-Level Output: Improved nutrition practices and sustained through GoB and Market Systems. GoB begins to invest significant resources in the development of lagging regions, including provision of quality basic services in hard to reach areas.
Indicative High-Level Output: Increased awareness amongst extreme and vulnerable poor and empowered to attain their rights.
Objectives of the Project:
PPEPP project has two specific objectives:
- To enable two million people to exit from extreme poverty for good;
- To support the development of stronger national institutions and systems to deliver the public and private services required by extremely poor people to become resilient and prosper.
- Conducted 1717 Baseline survey through ODK Software and 112 FGD;
- Listed 7185 poor household and identified 1885 ultra-poor-family from 33 villages of 9 Ward in Khulna and Sathkira;
- Primary Nutrition support
- IGA Mapping based on financial and climate resilient environment
- Group discussion and provide suggestion for IGA based entrepreneurship development
- Enhance adaptation to changing climate
- Provide capacity enhancement training about regular/agriculture and non-agricultural IGA training
- Delivery of a package of essential services either by supporting better delivery of the National Nutrition Services (NNS) or through direct delivery where there are significant gaps in NNS capacity;
- Community-level work to address some of the social practices that prevent good nutrition outcomes;
- Promoting income generating activities that support nutrition outcomes where possible
- Implement direct nutrition intervention (IYCF, hygiene, micronutrient supplementation, deworming, consumption nutrient rich foods, management of acute malnutrition and maternal nutrition)
- Household based livestock and fisheries farm development and homestead gardening
- Implementation of food and nutrition activities for first 1000 days of new born baby, children, adolescents, pregnant and lactating mothers and dietary diversity
- Organize health camp, satellite clinic, static clinic, eye camp, nutrition camp for providing nutrition and health services;
- Behaviour change communication for using pure drinking water, sanitary latrine and personal clean